Mini-grid Service Package (MSP): Taking One Level Up the Quality and Performance of Mini grids
Jan 16, 2018
The PV communal technical inspection program implemented by EnDev Indonesia during 2013 - 2015 to 305 solar power plants (SPP), which built by the Government of Indonesia, has attracted the attention of SPP local and international actors. Through three years of technical inspection, Mini-grid Service Package (MSP) was created to maintain the installation quality.
IRENA (International Renewable Energy Agency) assessed that this instrument can enrich learning and best practices in maintaining the quality of renewable energy technology infrastructure. So that in 2017, the MSP instrument is covered and summarized in a collection of quality assurance case studies. The IRENA article on the MSP instrument can be downloaded at http://inspire.irena.org/Pages/qualityassurance/Casestudies.aspx
The MSP instrument consists of five (5) main activities:
1. Component compliance, to observe if the components are installed in accordance with the specifications written in the contract.
2. Technical performance verification, through on-site measurement and observation from the component display screen.
3. Workmanship quality, to observe if the installation is in compliance with the technical standards, safety rules and / or best practices.
4. Socio-economic survey using KPI (key performance indicator) form.
5. Training for operators and managers of PV communal.